I’m not much of a chef, but I do enjoy whipping up something yummy especially when we have guests. I made this one back in January and it’s been on my mind ever since. It’s super simple, So I thought I’d share! Handy tip, have a beater of some sort before you start. My first try at making this I only had a whisk and let’s be real it was taxing manual labour and took a looooonnnnnnggg time.
For me this makes about 4-5 servings depending on portion size and just keep in mind that this mixture will need at least 2 hours of setting time in the fridge.
okay you’ll need:
4 egg whites
600 ml cream
2 x 100 g Toblerone chocolate bars
1 Cadbury Flake chocolate bar
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 2 bowls
- A pot to melt the Toblerone
Step by step
1) separate egg whites and beat them until the form hard peaks. (The harder the better as this gives the mousse the light fluffiness texture)
2) Whip up the cream, divide the mixture into two and place into different bowls, one bowl is to have a bit more than the other (the other bowl will be for dollops on top of the mousse)
3) With the larger amount of whipped cream, gently fold the hard egg whites until all mixed through.
4) Melt the Toblerone bars, once melted fold into the same bowl as the cream and egg whites, keep folding until all the chocolate is mixed well!
5) Now the mixture is done! You just need to divide into your serving bowls. Now for the other bowl of cream, layer on top and then drop a few raspberries on and the break up flake and sprinkle over the top.
6) Pop into the fridge and wait
Hope you love it!